MARUYAMA, anyone know anything about this brand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 22, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Any experience with this brand, are they good, bad, hard to get service or parts. Im checking out a stick edger.

2. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I have many 2-cycle pieces from them. My local JD dealer sells them and does the service work (but they have never had to be serviced). Great equiptment, no complaints as of yet. Been running them for two years.

3. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

I have a 23cc trimmer and 26cc stick edger of theirs that i really like. the trimmer is nice and light but has nowhere the power of my stihl fs85. the edger is a really strong lil one.

4. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

I had their blower for 2 seasons, its great, no problems.

5. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I've used the poll pruner whith the split shaft lots of power bit heavy,tough to start in the morning.No choke on this model mybe the newer ones went back to a choke type carb ?

6. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I used them when I was in business... they were light and heavy duty.... they took employee abuse also... at least half a dozen times one of the guys put the wrong gas in the tank and locked up the engine... (no oil).... I was always able to get them going again after a high RPM engine lock-up. (whew)

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a trimmer, lightweight and under powered. I use it for a back up now.

8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Use the search button on this topic. I recall some negative reviews by some owners.

9. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Correct.... this trimmer was perfect for the guys just learning how to use a trimmer... didn't want to give them a Pitt Bull to walk around the lawn with.

10. luke125

luke125 LawnSite Member

i think they make the toro trimmers to but not 100% sure