Maruyama BL6700 vs Redmax EB7000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C4chris70, Jun 10, 2002.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for a new blower and was pretty much decided on Redmax when my dealer suggested I take a look at the Maruyama. His spec sheet showed the Maruyama had a 700cfm and a maximum air speed at the end of the tube at 220mph. He only had 1 unit on the shelf and would not gas it up so I could see the power for myself because he said if he fueled it up he would have to sell the unit as a demo. Has anyone used this unit , and if so how does it compare to the Redmax 7000? I know the Echo pb650 is also very powerful, but I prefer to stay away from Echo because my pb603 has had problems with durabilaty. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Red Max EB7000 all the way!!!!!!!!!

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax for me TOO!!!!

4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I just bought a Redmax EB7000 a couple of weeks ago. Simply awesome!

I can't speak for the Mammayamma brand but that EB7000 is one heck of a blower! I can't foresee needing any more 'wind' than what that bad boy puts out...heck, if I get a day off I may use it to go fly a kite or get the ol' sailboat out. :D

Oh yeah, the reliability and longevity of the Komatsu-Zenoah engine is a BIG, BIG plus.

5. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

I also just got a EB7000 and agree with the above opinions. This is a very well made blower, how do the two compare on price?

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax all the way. I have never even heard of that Marrymemama brand you mentioned.
    Durability of the Redmax is awesome.

I would check on the availbility of parts for one of those other brand pieces of equipment.

7. andyslawns

andyslawns LawnSite Member

Redmax all the way!!!!!

8. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have the redmax eb 7000 and the echo pb 650 and the echo is the stronger of the two.

9. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input. I purchased the Redmax EB7000 yesterday. Like it says on the fuel tank...JUST AWESOME! I got the chance to demo the Maruyama that was supposed to put out a wind velocity of 220 at the end of the tube (at least that was what the dealers spec sheet said). I don't even think it was as powerful as my Stihl br400. I think I may buy a Redmax string trimmer next.

10. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new Redmax blower. You will be glad you bought it.

Before you buy a Redmax trimmer, check out a Husqvarna 325L. It has the same cc's and power, but is much, much lighter. I had a Redmax BC2600 and am so much happier with the Husqvarna that I am planning to buy more. I also have a couple of older SRM2601 Echo's, but they are second choice to the Husky now due to their weight.