Maruyama BL8100 vs Kawasaki KRB750B

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, May 7, 2008.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have been comparing the IPL of these two. Looks like they are the same. Can anyone confirm this?

Any opinion on these blowers....Reliability, power?:waving:

2. yungman

from Calif.

Anyone know anything??

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I do not know about the rest of the blower, but I'm pretty sure they run a Kaw power plant. Like I have stated before Redmax has engines on three machines [redmax, husqvarna and shindy630] and I beleive that Kaw has engines on several blowers, more than I can think of. After running some Kaw handhelds I have a feeling one day most of my handhelds will be Kaw.

4. yungman

from Calif.

I am lucky enough to have a dealer carrying Maruyama. BL8100 is only $389, light and powerful enough. Hear a lot of good things about Kawasaki.:waving:

5. yungman

from Calif.

Anyone have more information?

6. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

kawi makes a great product but I have no dealers and have been happy with my shindaiwa and that good old fs80 cranks every time.

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they are the same except the warranty is diffrent!

8. OutdoorPowerMan

OutdoorPowerMan LawnSite Member

I bought a Maruyama from a dealer who carries both brands and he said that the Kawi blower is manufactured by Maruyama, hence the Kawi engine.

Great power, light weight, easy start. Warranty is better from Maruyama. I have had one since early January and I like it a lot.

9. yungman

from Calif.

You think the power can compare to Echo PB755 and Redmax EB7001? They all have a simliar size engine. Reason I am looking at this is because this is supposed to be the lowest noise level.....73dB vs 74 for Echo and Redmax is loud!!!.....75 or 77dB.

I know, I know!!!!! BR600 is a lot stronger than all these!!!!

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to lose confidence in you yungman if you would even consider that unit for ONE db. That would be similar to buying a BR600 because they are cheaper than Echo, and I know you wouldn't do that.