Maruyama choices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zmelli, Oct 10, 2012.

1. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

I have been reading and doing research for about a month now and have decided to go with Maruyama. I found a new old stock BC2600 and wanted to compare it with the new BC2621.

Both are 25.4 cc but the BC2600 has the AE260 vs the CE260. I was leaning towards the older version thinking it may be better built and run better.

The unit will be used by me on a half acre lot that will be patrolled by goats.

Any thoughts?

2. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

Looking at the parts list, the parts for the BC2600 are about 20% more than the BC2621. I suspect that the newer version was built to a price point. Humm I would love to take the piston, crank and cylinder to a machine shop to look them over.

3. zt4me

zt4me LawnSite Member

Not really sure there would be much difference if they followed same pattern / route as the HH blowers. Mostly EPA and upgrade starting applications.

Of course this is all opinion / speculation on my part from research and comparing numbers.

There are alot of very knowledgeable people on this site..hopefully will catch their eye and respond.

4. zt4me

zt4me LawnSite Member

5. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

I do not think Maruyama is very popular on this board.

6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have used their stuff for a long time . i have 8 or 9 peices and only an ing coil has failed on one. no other issues . their stuff is as good of better than anyone else. their problem is serious lack of dealers.

7. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

How much do you think a new old stock BC2600 is worth? Or should I say how much would you pay? Or would you get the older version if the price were the same.

8. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned both the bc-2600 is a much better unit.

9. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

Finally some feedback, thanks.

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

yes the 2600 is better. the smaller unit is good but the larger 2600 is execellent-very durable. older ones are called bc260. long as you have a dealer -go for it.