maruyama equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BillWil, Sep 14, 2005.

1. BillWil

BillWil LawnSite Member

I am about to purchase a new blower and my local dealer has suggested I purchase a Maruyama unit. He has been carrying them for about 5 years and says they appear to him to be among the best on the market. I will be replacing a couple of Echo units. I bought the Echo from him and he still handles Echo. Then in the Spring I plan to purchase a couple of trimmers to replace the Echo units I bought from him. Again, he is suggesting Maruyam and says he can get me a better price this fall rather than in the spring. I am wondering is any of you have had any experience with this maruyam brand and whether you think it is a good choice.

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

He is probably suggesting these units because he buys them cheaper than the echo and is probably selling them for more. Am I right? Just a thought!

3. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

They built Toro handheld equipment for many years. They are well built just haven't got the name recognition as other brands

4. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I don't know but my hustler dealer just started carying this stuff and he said he could sell me a 60 cc blower for 325. That's a pretty good deal in my book and would be cheaper than my stihl br400 wich is way underpowered IMO. I also don't know about reliability but it would almost be worth it to try this equipment for these prices.

5. BillWil

BillWil LawnSite Member

No, as a matter of fact he is selling them for less, and the length of the warranty is greater.

6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

IMHO,they are quite underpowered.I have a Maruyama trimmer and also a Cub.The Maruyama is the "top of line" so my dealer said.Well,the cub is smaller,lighter,and packs way more punch than the Maruyama.
    With that said,I have a Maruyama extended hedge trimmer also and it does a good job,but is noticeably weaker than my Echo trimmer.
    The line trimmer is what suprised me.I couldn't believe how weak it is.At full throttle,it equals about 1/2 throttle of the Cub .

7. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have not seen a full line for them, but Costco sold a Marayuma trimmer this summer, and it looked only one step above the junk and Home Depot. I would not have bought it for commercial service. Have not tried one first hand though, that is just my impression from seeing it.

Kevin

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a newer Maruyama hedge trimmer and am fairly impressed with it.