MARUYAMA Hand Held Report!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WREBELMACHINE, Mar 7, 2008.

1. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Got to work my new handheld blowers today! Ran them for about 3-4hrs without stopping! The first few tanks of fuel was dissapointing as they wer just underpowered. We also had our Tanaka 2510 blowers with us and they were boowing better at first! However after the second and third hour there is no comparrison the maruyama's are kicking tail and the best part is they just start back up hot or not! This has been a big grip with me on the tanaka blowers which I am pretty happy with except when they are hot they do not run on a restart! Anyhow the Maruyama hand held may be the stongest hand held I have ever owned only time will tell but so far if they keep breaking in the way they are right now I am going to be very pleased! If you get a chance to try one that has been used some I think you will like it!

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Is yours the 30.2cc big one? I saw it after I bought the Shindaiwa EB3410 34cc C4 blower. The Maruyama is more powerful. I really regret this. If I have a chance, I would buy this one.

Is it quiet? It is supposed to be 68dB noise which is even quieter than mine.:cry::cry:

3. WREBELMACHINE

Yes it is the 30cc and I really like it! Like I said at first I was really down about it because it was gutless! But after that 2nd hour or so it just started comming alive! The dealer said it will get better as it will take 6 gallons to break them in! I can't wait!

4. WREBELMACHINE

Bye the way it actually is not bad on noise! It is about the same as the Tanaka 2510! I also have a redmax and the maruyama is no louder than it is!

5. yungman

from Calif.

And you get a 5 years commercial warrantee. You make me feel bad!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

How much you pay for it?

6. WREBELMACHINE

I got them for $200 each!

7. yungman

from Calif.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

my everride dealer carries them. I just told him flat out...I run stihl handheld. He is rather put out with the line. SAys they don't pay NEARLY enough on warranty work. He sold six trimmers to a tree farm. Apparantly there was an issue with the carbs and he had to replace all six. got paid $11 each to replace the carbs. He is not happy with the service he receives from them.

9. WREBELMACHINE

Well that is to bad the carb is made by Walbro who makes almost all of them! And at $11 each to change them I would do that it only takes about a minute or two to change one!

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

But then when they want them back, you've got to box them up, label them, ship them back. Plus all of the time to write up a work order, fill out the warranty claim, it's all time that adds up over the repair. Lawn cutters that do not also operate an authorized retail location will never understand.