1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Maruyama handheld equip. Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Is anyone using Maruyama blowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.? I see it advertised a good bit, but have never seen any dealers around here, and never hear it mentioned on this forum.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

We had a trimmer and it lasted a good 2 years of hard use. The thing ran like a champ.

3. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Their hedge trimmers are the toughest I have ever used period!

4. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of the backpack blowers and it has worked very good for me over the past couple years. My dad has one of the trimmers and he said he likes it.

5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

The Maruyama unit had the true commercial engine before anyone else along with the extended warranties. The tend to be heavier but great if you have crews that seem tear things up. Maybe not as refined as some of the other brands, but that engine will take some abuse. Had/used some myself. I used to call them "timex" trimmers.... takes a licking and keeps on ticking......:)

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

They are very decent machines but Maruyama has absolutely no dealer support and parts availability problems.

7. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

You have got to be kidding? Maruyama just moved their U.S. headquarters to Denton earlier this year. Find a phone book and dial them up!

As for dealer or parts issues, you should check out their website for local dealers and talk to the dealer to get some kind of idea how they maintain their stock of parts and how long it takes them to turn around a repair.

These are simple machines that do take a lickin' and keep on tickin' as another post stated. The quality of their hedge trimmer blades is second to none. Backpack blowers are great, quiet and fairly light weight in comparison to many of their competitors.

The best thing to do though is check out the dealers in your area. No matter what the brand if the support is poor then find another brand that is well supported. If all else fails, learn to be handy with operator service and most problems never occur.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Moved to Denton, NC? Is that correct?

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The info. I have says a 36,500 Sq.Ft. facility in Denton, Tx.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Marijuana 2-cyclers?

What will they think of next :laugh:

I may have to try one someday thou, I hear say their prices can't be beat. Then again, where do you get parts?