Maruyama Multicutter Question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by surfmotion, Oct 22, 2013.

1. surfmotion

surfmotion LawnSite Member

So I have the Maruyama multicutter with a hedge trimmer attachment only. I wanted to get more attachments, but there are very few used attachments out there for maruyama. My question is, does anyone know if any other brand could fit on my maruyama shaft? I'm not sure of how the other brands (stihl kombi, redmax, etc) are built. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It seems like there's probably a basic design that all these multi-head units would use, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to make them compatible.

Thanks for any help!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax att work on maruyama same shaft.

3. surfmotion

I'm sorry... Couldn't really understand your response.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I think he means Redmax attachments will work on your Maruyama. Why not simply buy Maruyama attachments? How do you like the multi cutter system, is it comfortable, would it be practical for commercial use going to multiple lawns taking it on and off? Do you think having the weight of the motor off your hands/arms will make a noticeable difference in reduced fatigue?

5. surfmotion

Are you thinking of the backpack system? I have the regular head unit I carry in my hands just like a normal trimmer... The Maruyama is great! I have the reticulating 24" hedge trimmer attachment on the 25cc engine. Plenty if power. The only downfall is that the hedge trimmer is so heavy duty that it's... Heavy! But it's a good shoulder workout and I actually get used to it after holding it for a few minutes. I got a good deal on ebay, so that's why I went with maruyama. There's not too many dealers in mass that deal with them anymore though. The maruyama website shows a bunch of dealers, but when I call them they all say maruyma a was a pain in the butt to deal with on their end, so they stopped selling them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I was thinking you had the backpack system I saw on their website.

7. smallengineshop

smallengineshop LawnSite Member

I never sold or used one of them yet but I did try one on it is sorta like a backpack blower I liked it..!

8. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

What would they sell for? How difficult are they to take on/off. Do you think it would work for someone who goes to multiple lawns in a day?