Maruyama or Echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jwl5510, Apr 25, 2008.

1. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

I have been a loyal stihl 420 user for years now, but it time to move on and do not want to switch from regular 2 cycle since all my blowers and other equipment run on 2 cycle mix so the stihl 600 is out....

I am looking at the Maruyama bl8100 or Echo pb-755 any current users or input would help

I do own maruyama hedge trimmers and they are excellent

2. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BR600 runs on regular 2-cycle mix gas/oil. No problems there.

3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The BR600 runs on 50:1 mix just like the rest of your stuff. You are not going to find more power or a better blower in the other two you mentioned.
    Get the 600

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

The 755 is a good blower but weighs more than the Stihl. I have owned both and would choose the BR600 over the Echo. There is very little difference in power and the prices are about the same. Also the BR 600 is better on fuel than the Echo. Just my .02

5. Marek13

Marek13 LawnSite Member

I have 2 755's. One is older model and the other about 2 seasons old. Both are strong but bit heavy. They are well built especially the older one. I tested the BR600 and it fells lighter but also fells kinda "plasticky" power wise about the same. Reason I run 755 is because they are cheaper (when bought used and you can get them from guys that haven't use the commercially) I got both used I paid 130 for the older one and 275 for the new one on the auction site (you know which one). Also I like the fact that 755 are not covered with all kinds of plastic so cleaning is very simple (I user engine cleaner gun with my compressor and cleaning solution-works like a charm)
    One thing when I was testing the 600 last Spring my dealer had 10 of them returned from commercial LCO(some had cracked frames right where the shoulder straps attach and one had melted plastic around the muffler-the dealer told me that they don’t seem to hold under lot of constant hours as good as exmarks.
    Comparing BL8100 to echo 755 Bl8100 is 6Lb lighter so that’s nice relief

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Maruyama BL8100 is lighter, 5 years commercial warrente. Spec looks good. Similar size engine as PB755. Cheaper.

I am planning to buy Echo myself because of proven reliability.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We run several BR420 also but to get the fleet price this year we had to buy all from one manuf. so we switched to Echo 620. It is a good blower used some in previous years. We have used the Echo 650 and like the 755 it is simply too heavy for everyday use. And like you I think the BR600 is still risky and no reason to go with it. I guess you have concluded the BR420 is not strong enough....it is a very reliable unit.

8. jwl5510

jwl5510 LawnSite Member

Well I went and got the Br600 stayed with the same so i'm not going all over town for parts

used it for 3 days and we love it no one on the crew even grabbed the br420

9. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've used the br600 and the pb-755t. pb-755t is right up there with the br600 I think. I would even go to say the echo is built to take more abuse than the stihl. just my 2 cents *trucewhiteflag*

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Watch out, you are skating on very thin ice!!!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:People take it very personal about Stihl!!!!

Anyone using Maruyama BL8100? How is it? Sure look like it is a Kawasaki blower all together. They are selling in my dealer for $389. Sound like it should be stronger than Echo PB620. Spec suppose to be similar to PB755 but someone here said it is not.