1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Maruyama to make Toro Proline trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnpro724, Mar 15, 2007.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I read a while back the Maruyama is contracting with Toro to make Their Proline trimmers, blowers, shrub trimmers again. I have two Toro Proline trimmers that I bought back in 93 and after 15 years of hard commercial use they still start up on the first or second pull everytime. I still use the trimmers every day and its 2007 and I just got out and fired them up the other day after sitting all winter and one fired up on the first pull and the other one fired up on the second pull. I have new Tanaka trimmers but they just don't have the balance of the Toro's and the Tanaka's are louder than my chain saw where the Toro's are quiet and powerfull with solid steel shafts and large gear ratio. I have never seen any trimmer by any other manufacturer that will run the way these things run and last the way they have. Maruyama is going to be making them according to Toro's specs similiar to the way the old Prolines were made but with emissions updates for today's standard. When they come out sometime this year I'm going to go buy a couple more and faze out my Tanaka's they run good and have plenty of power but the Toro's are much nicer and after 15 yrs of commercial use the ones I have and still use daily are hard to beat.
  2. OKSooner

OKSooner LawnSite Member

Thanks. This will be interesting to watch.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

mabey this way i will be able to finally get parts for my mauryamas. by going to my toro dealer. there shure isnt a mauryama dealer within 150 miles
  4. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Maruyama used to build trimmers for Toro, the units you have now could poddibly be Maruyama units.
  5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Notice in the first sentence of the original post it says "again" ;)
  6. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Sorry to offend you, I was merely trying to convey information. Don't you ever mis-read a post when you're buzzed up? That's what I did.
  7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

my everride dealer carries Maruyama trimers and blowers..might have to check them out
  8. pkirrane

pkirrane LawnSite Member

where did you read this was happening? As far as I know there have been no such talks with Toro.