Maruyama

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Feb 25, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Is there anybody using this brand? They look very solid. Any comments?

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

great stuff. as good as all the other top brands-however finding a deaLER AND parts and service is hard

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a few of there trimmers and along with a few attachments. Great peice of equipment. Dealer support is huge but my dealer carries there brand & red max.

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

When we lived in Georgia, 2 mexicans hit a bee nest when trimming my neighbors yard. They bailed, left the trimmer running and never came back. That maruyama trimmer is now the powerplant to a scooter and has been ran hard and abused for several years now. Thats my only experience with them but it seems to be built well.

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have some older units 10+yrs. old. I also now have the new 30cc handheld blower! only time will tell how it does but it does come with a 5yr commercial warranty!!

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

You have a dealer carrying this? If yes, you are good to go. 5 years commercial warrante!!! Get the ones with either CER300 or CER230 engine only they are higher hp for the size. Those are the extended commercial duty. My dealer had the 30" single side hedge trimmer for $289 for one weekend and they still have the BP blower 8100 for $389 last week. Good price. :waving:

Hey what happen to the idea of Redmax and Echo!!!!? I still like the Redmax BCZ3001S though. 1.7hp for 11.3lb.

7. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I heard many good things about their backpack sprayers. So, I called them to find out where I might buy one, since the dealer locator feature at their web site simply does not work.

The sales administrator I got on the phone was as useful as the dealer locator feature on their web site. She kept giving me dealers in upstate NY, hundreds of miles away. THEN she said she had never been as far north as Long Island, only to Boston, and she hoped to see my beautiful area of the country some day. Boston is 350 miles north of me. :hammerhead:

I do think their equipment is good, but they have no dealer network in place, (if they do, they can't tell you about it) and their headquarters sales people are as dumb as bricks. Imagine trying to get a part, if I can't even find a place to buy a sprayer!

8. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Great trimmer hard to find parts

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Hey mr. yungman, you found my old thread! I have one maruyama dealer. I might go look at them when I need another trimmer. I still really like redmax and that is my first choice for future handhelds. The only thing is I have two stihls right now and they will be around for a while so I won't need anymore trimmers for now. I would like to sell one though.

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I remember you big problem with the Stihl dealer!!!!! That is terrible. I am starting to take my stuff apart to get familiar with them while they are working so if anything go south, I be more familiar and it is kind of fun. I actually fix my Echo hedge trimmer. I took the gear box apart to clear the blades, and it work better. I might take the engines apart next. My goal is not to depend on dealers or Home Crapot. These stuffs are relative simple. Don't take much to learn about them and be able to work on them. I don't think it is good to rely on dealer to handle the problems.

I think too many people go out of their way to give dealer business, they are taking this for granted. Stop buying from them and they will get the message.

I notice stuff are more expensive according to the posts here. I found better price from the two dealers around where I live and I am living in the expensive San Francisco Bay Area. People here are more price concious and won't go for dealers just for the sake of supporting them. They have to compete for business. This is free market. When I look at the price in online store like Alaminia, Mowtown etc. Their prices are not that good compare to the dealer price here.