Maruyama

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by magicmike, Mar 10, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

I am wonderings if maruyama is worth a drive to brooklyn. Im close right now but in a few years (maybe 2) i plan on moving to long island (which is where I will be conducting business) and the nearest dealer is in brooklyn. Is the 5 year warranty, product reliability, and the quality of work of using these product woth it?

2. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Never used them yet but from what i saw at the GIE they look and feel quality.

3. nanofrog

nanofrog LawnSite Member

Mine's just over a year old, but given how it's been so far, I'd think so.

4. ryanh11

ryanh11 LawnSite Member

Miune is over 3 years old now and still runs and cuts like a charm. It sat up for a god 6 to 8 months and when I started it up one day it struggled for a few minutes and now it runs great with no issues. I love it. A little on the heavy end, but i love it.

5. bnb lawns

bnb lawns LawnSite Member

yes they are worth every penny i've had mine for 8 yrs and use it a lot for spring and fall prunings never had to have the blades sharpened or replaced always add about 1 oz of sea foam to the gas and keep the blade lubricated with rust inhibiter when i finish for the day

6. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

True commercial grade equipment. Very UNDER rated.

I am personally a hardcore "old school" Shindaiwa guy. However, if I had to buy new, Maruyama would likely be my first choice. BUT only after I inquired about parts availability and how quick I could get something if I needed it.