1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benchmark, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Benchmark

Benchmark LawnSite Member

does anyone know anything about maruyama? What are your thoughts on their string trimmers and blowers?
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got a Maruyama powerhead that you can change different attatchments onto. We hate it...low low power...hard to start...has a weird choke setup that is unlike any i've seen. It was the first trimmer we bought when starting out...got it used...I would never personally invest in any of there other products. It just sits in the shop and collects dust nowadays...
  3. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg LawnSite Member

I know that it smokes a little once you get the engine lit. I always get dizzy using them. I usually grow er.. make my own though... Just kiddin around
  4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I used up until now two Maruyama back pack blowers, I felt they were underpowered once I used a red max 7000. The blowers didn't last too long either and I had multiple problems with them. Now I'm using Red Max blowers, and wouldn't go back.
  5. SR Landscaping

SR Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Been there done that. Got suckered into buying a shrub trimmer of that make. Guy who sold it to me went under and noone else in our area handled them.
    It sat around for a while till I threw the piece of --it out!
  6. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

But have heard nothing good about them.....I run echo and am very happy. Dealer support is a must also though! If i had a redmax dealer like my echo dealer i woulda went with that. Cannot go wrong with a good dealer!

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Talked with my mechanic about them an he told me I do not have enough money to keep them going. He has a couple in the shop now that are wainting parts to ship in from Japan. NO THANKS
  8. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Maruyama trimmer that is about six years old and starts on the first pull. I don't have any other Mary. stuff because there isn't a dealer around here anymore.
  9. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Go with Echo 2-cycle stuff. Very good product and reasonable prices and there are very good dealers to support you wherever you go. Parts support has been great as well.

Just my opinion. I have been using Echo for almost 15 years now with very few problems!
  10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have all there equipment...I dont use them much I use them as backups because they dont like starting very well....they take longer than normal to warm-up. And the edgers bog easy. The blowers are great and powerfull seing that they are Kawasaki engines BUT things fall apart all the time on them. I have been through one gas tank, 3 backstraps, 1 throttle assembly, 1 recoil & a few starter roaps.