Maruyamas use Shibaura and Kawasaki engines??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, May 13, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I was looking on Maruyama's site and the blowers have Kawasaki and Shibaura engines. I didn't know Shibaura made 2 strokes....this is interesting.

You know, as Hustler continues to diversify and work with Shibaura, I wonder if we'll see Hustler handhelds? :confused:

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have been asking this question too. Maruyama BL8100 blower use Kawasaki engine and it looked very similar to the big Kawasaki blower.

I am not sure the top CER300 and CER230 are by either company.

Look and play with their stuff a few times, sure looked very good. I have a dealer carrying them and they have 5 years commercial warrante. I like their BL3100, it should be the strongest hand held blower. 30.2cc 2 cycle, 1.7hp.

Thinking about carrying their line? It sure look good. So did you decide on which 4 cycle trimmer you are going to carry?:waving:

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Shibaura is a very large global company, and their parent company is even larger....
    You would be amazed at what they do.....

Pj

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Oh, I like to know everything about every product line before deciding what to carry. I'm still looking hard at Husqvarna as they have a number of products I need (including a super nice 4 stroke trimmer). It helps that we're already a Husqvarna certified service center. :usflag:

EDIT: shoot, you passed me up in posts! I need to get on it!!