Maryland/Baltimore guys what kind of year you having?

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by RGM, Aug 3, 2011.

1. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Eastern Baltimore and Harford here. Strong year, but as with everyone else, the last 6 weeks could have been stronger. Finally caught up on all the side work that needed done, and with showers the last few days, hopefully it'll provide for a strong August leading into fall.

2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I was out on bever dam rd last week maybe thrusday comming back from Ivy Hill rd

3. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Been a good year for me so far .My spring aerations and seedings fell short hopefully the fall will be better.Things are greening back up with the recent rain rolling through and I hope we stay in that cycle.You guys be careful out in that heat and humidity be safe:waving:

4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

With all the rain it might end up one of my best August's for cutting

5. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

Diffinitely greener. Only problem is now the green is crabgrass and it likes to hold the dew unitl at least 12:00 noon or so. But hey it beats eating dust:).

Kevin :usflag:

6. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

April-so so, grass didnt start until mid month
    May- best month I ever had, nonstop cutting
    June/July-sucked, everything dried up, didnt make in these two months combine what i made in May
    August-great so far, grass is growing fast again due to all the rain

Overall its been a normal year, a drought in june/july/august is always expected, usually april and may making up for it.

7. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Here where I am in Talbot Co. we've had 4.3 inches of good soaking rain for August. 2.6 of that came this past Sat-Mon. and its showing up bigtime.

I had my best cutting day for the summer on Tuesday 8/16. Grass was nice and green, cut good, no dust, and decent temps.

Felt good after I got done not that beat-up feeling you get from the heat and humidity.

Looking to have a good month of August.