Maryland Business owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimbo, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess everyone knows by now that this year you will have to pay $300 to the State as a business owner just to keep the doors open. Previously LLC corps, and Sole Proprietors (most of us are one or the other) did not have to pay anything, but that has changed. Pretty much all business types are getting increased to the $300.00.

This really puts a hurting on the small biz especially the LCO who only has limited months of the year to make money. The scrubs will have an easier time under-cutting prices since they don't have to worry about these extra fee's that a legit operator has to contend with.

Between Business insurance, and this new fee I am looking at $1000.00 :angry:

On the bright side of things I still have not mailed my increase letters!

Jimbo

P.S. I would think twice about posting my company's name on LS unless you don't mind everyone being able to see where you live, your signature, and how much equipment you own. I have always been weary of posting too much info on the Internet, and the other day I was clicking through the Maryland database on-line and when looking up my company info I was able to find an actual scanned copy of my articles of incorporation. On these article I found my signature for everyone to see....makes me kind of nervous. You can also see how much $$$$ Assets the company owns (pays taxes on).

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't live in Maryland but I feel for you. Some years ago, there was a song from the Pretenders that kind of sums all this bs up!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: i guess they have taken this as their motto...

The song went
    "ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I'M GONNA GETCHA - GETCHA GETCHA, GETCHA, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I'M GONNA GETCHA, I'M GONNA FIND YA, I'M GONNA GETCHA.......................

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

This is why i laugh at presidental elections, they say tax cut bla bla bla. Fed tax is the least of your worries, the state and local get you worse if you add all the little things up.

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

You called it! The Feds give us a break, the states get less help, The states take it back from us. I like to call it **** ROLLS DOWN HILL.