Maryland Gas Rumor??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by TWUllc, Sep 3, 2005.

1. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone from MD get caught up in the rumor?

For those who don't know, there was a widespread rumor throughout the state that gas stations would be closing at 4pm today. (Yeah, its that off the wall.) Everyone was leaving work, and getting to the gas station. Has on the news tonite, some of the stations here in Baltimore were charging $5.67 for regular, $6.75 for premium, and $7.07 for ultra. Now, with that being said, how can this not be considered "price gouging"? Not that I care, I didn't buy any gas, and now prices are around $3.50, but come on now, how can that be legal?

2. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

I hear it, but haven't seen it in western Maryland . I have heard that at midnight tonight (Saturday night). Don't know if it is true or not. several people said, that they will be out until the gas goes down. Luckily i just went to the market. Have to get some bread though. hard to say what the crap is going to happen. Either way, we will all end up paying somehow.

3. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

curious how it turned out............

4. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Honesty, I don't know where people come up with this stuff. The Governor got on TV and told everyone not to be worried. I don't see a gas shortage evolving anytime soon. We'll see though. Been spending more time washing my truck, then driving it for a change. Now it's so clean, I don't want to work in it. :blush: