1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Maryland LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1BadHawk, Feb 9, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Given the typical season in maryland, is every 6 days to cut, to often? Im working up this years calendar and during April, May, & August I have most of my cust schedule for every 6 days. During June, July, Sept, they are mainly 9 days apart.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We mow the more aggressive lawns on a 5 day rotation as needed...that or they find someone else. Period
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I schedule all of mine weekly from April to September. The last couple of years there has been no slack grass growth. It slowed down a couple of times but not to the point where either I or the customers thought it needed to be skipped a week.
  4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Not from Maryland but I would say its not so much as days as oppossed to when the grass needs it. Could be three days, could be 10. Depends on the type of weather you are having.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I mow every 7 days except for October-November which is 10-14. I would rather spend extra time mowing heavy growth than working a wacky 3-5 day schedule.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

...which if fine if you are charging for it and being compensated as well. I prefer to mow the aggressive lawns on a 5 day basis for 2 reasons. One, it's easier on me and the equipment, and two, I make more money by adding extra cuts.

BTW, the NJ Expo show is March 3rd at the Meadowlands Convention Center Tom...