maryland mandatory water restrictions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mickman, Apr 7, 2002.

1. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

here we go again. when water restrictions go into effect, no one wants to have landscape install jobs done. at least we are getting good rains to keep mowings going , but the coin is in install. no snow this winter either. here in frederick county md they also halted all house building permits for one year. droughts hurt almost all business's. anyone else feeling the pains from droughts.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

just about everyone from Maine to Georgia...that's all.

3. mxrdrvr3

mxrdrvr3 LawnSite Member

I fear that Michigan will not be far behind

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we are 15 inches below normal here, and certain towns and cities already have watering bans. hopefully we can get some decent rains.

5. mikal

mikal LawnSite Member

Im right up the road in Cumberland and even though I mostly do lawns the other LCO's seem to be buisy with alot of landscaping. I had to turn down a landscape job yesterday because of time conflicts. Drought isnt that bad yet i geuss.

6. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

In recent years we have had water restrictions. Last year we had a complete watering ban in effect.It hurt everyone from pool and hot tub operaters to irragation companies,and of course our industry. Now we have had more rain than we need. Good luck

7. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

Know the feeling, my business is mostly in Howard and Carroll counties in Maryland. 70% of my ressies irrigate. We'll see how these rains go this season :cry:

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Stop your crying Scott! 0% of my ressies (which is all I do) have irrigation. :( Don't worry.. The rains will come.

Scott... wanna get rid of anything? I have a couple of slots to fill.

9. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Same here TSG, no irragation on my lawns....droughts screw me over. :(

Hank