Maryland

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by JWLandscaping, Sep 18, 2008.

1. RLS 2010

RLS 2010 LawnSite Member

Redmond Lawn Service down here in good ole St. Mary's county!:waving:

2. ryan alyssa

ryan alyssa LawnSite Member

Charles Carroll Associates here landscape contractor in Howard County. Have not posted any pictures yet but will. Looking to do some networking here

3. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't seen you around.
    How large are you?

4. ryan alyssa

ryan alyssa LawnSite Member

Just myself and 2 other guys I have downsized quite a bit and am rebuilding We work in Howard Carroll Baltimore and Montgomery counties. Been at this since 1993 and am giving it one more shot

5. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

still in the northeast baltimore county areas

6. clc000

clc000 LawnSite Member

Hi,

I'm new to the area, I just moved up here from the South for the wife's job. I had a successful, fully legitimate LCO down there (100+ customers) and sold it when I moved. I enjoy the business and would like to get back in this spring. I'm living in AA county, specifically Pasadena. I was just wondering what the market is like here. Is it dominated by larger companies? Is there a niche for single Owner-Operated companies? Is there a large amount of illegal or otherwise unlicensed competition driving down prices? It may be a shot in the dark asking for information about a specific area, but I am trying to do my due diligence before plunging in. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

BTW, if anyone is trying to sell some productive accounts I may be interested and can pay cash.

7. deereequipment

Yes to all the above.
    there are large companies, like Brickman and TrueGreen doing alot of HOA and government projects. There are also a ton of smaller companies, and then again, way too many nonlicensed, non insured part timers driving down prices.
    You are in a very good location. Alot of industrial, alot of residential.
    Anything near Annapolis would be high end residential.
    I am about 1.5 hrs south of you, but know your area a little.

Good luck.

8. Z's Lawncare

Z's Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from 20683

down in southern maryland

9. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys see as many new guys out there this year as I do ? In the last 10 days we have had 5 different flyers on our mail box. 4 out of 5 are latinos who are starting up our trying to add on. Some from over 20 miles away. Wish the state would crack down on some of these guys. One flyer said lawns from $19.00 and another was lawns $20.00 mowed trimed and blown. Heck I even called that one to mow my lawn, 3 acres for 20 bucks sounds like a deal to me. Havent gotten a return call yet .

10. deereequipment

You should sub out ALL your work to them.
    If they are charging less than it costs for you to do it, sub it to them, then bill your customers, and rake in the profits!!!!