Discussion in 'Employment' started by Dan85, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Anyone hiring in Maryland or know of any decent companies to submit a resume to down there? I'm looking closer to DC area, but I'm willing to consider other areas within the state.

A laboring position is fine with me. I have spent the past several years at a commercial landscape firm in Buffalo; mowing, maintenance, plowing, etc. Recently I've moved into the office and have spent my time as a junior estimator for larger projects. However, it looks like the fiancee, who is currently living down there now, will be there for a while longer - so I'm considering moving down there.

Clean license, no drugs/alcohol problems, had to pass drug/background tests to work on sites up here.

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you speak spanish ?Denison , Chappel Valley, Brickman ,Valley Crest, Complete and so many more These guys are always looking for people.
  3. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Unfortunately I don't know any Spanish. The few times I have been down there I noticed the large Spanish speaking population and I was wondering if all the crews were the same way. I was kind of hoping to find a small company to work for where that wouldn't be an issue.

I hadn't heard of Chappel Valley and Complete, I'll have to look those guys up. Thanks
  4. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Small guys will probably pay better but most dont have winter work. Unless it snows, but we cant count on the white gold around here.
  5. Arbor32

Arbor32 LawnSite Member

My company is currently hiring in Bowie, MD. I am looking for a maintenance foreman. Will train. If you are still interested in moving to MD email me @ If you've found something then good luck and keep me in mind for later. Look me up at Just email me instead of the website.
  6. deereequipment

deereequipment LawnSite Senior Member

Bowie is a good location, close to DC, close to alot of work. Where exactly are looking to live?
  7. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Arbor, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I decided to stay up here and the fiancee has since moved back to Buffalo to find a job around here.

However, if she does wind up back down there, I will most certainly contact you. Your company looks amazing - just the type of outfit I would like to go to!

Thanks again for the response! Best of luck to you and your company!

- Dan