1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Marylanders, sod info

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by StBalor, Apr 3, 2007.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Where is the best place to get a few pallets of sod from? Good sod, reasonable price. This will be my 1st sod job.
  2. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Aldino sod farm
  3. desii

desii LawnSite Member

I'm not sure how far away you are, but Chuck Wade Sod Farm near Frederick is a good supplier.
  4. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys. i already contacted central sod.
  6. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

I'm about a year late on this post, but the Turf Center on rt 198 in Burtonsville grows their own as well as brings plenty in... its some of the best sod i've used and is pretty cheap. Keep that in mind for this year coming up.
  7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

ZMaster, The turf center is great, its very close to 650 (new hampshire ave) and 198. Most of their stuff comes from a montgomery county farm, I wish I could remember the name.
    The top soil comes from pogo tree experts, great stuff. They compost all of their own stuff on a 190 acre farm in Montgomery county very close to Tridelphia resevoir in Sunshine MD

I see central sod trucks all over the place, I think most of it comes from the eastern shore