Mascot Advertising / Standing Out

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by J & M Lawn Care, Mar 1, 2008.

1. J & M Lawn Care

J & M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Me and my wife was going around shopping, and thinking about going out to eat somewhere. After we left from shopping we had seen the Quiznos Mascot Cup outside dancing, and doing stupid stuff to get attention. So we decided to get there and eat.. pretty good food

The Mascot got our attention and was funny

Here is a pic i found on the web of the mascot.

What would be a good custome to wear for lawn care to market like that. Can you find any on the web and display them. And what would the prices be for one

Quiznos mascot.jpg

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The problem I see with this is, you would not be targeting your area, it would just be a crap shoot as to what types of potential customer were seeing you.
    Any ole person driving by would see you, and they very well may not be from the area that you want to land business.
    Where as the quizno guy is standing right out in front of the eatery in their parking lot....where would you be standing? Just at a random busy intersection? How exactly would a customer correlate you to a lawn service business that fast as they were speeding by?
    Or would you walk thru the neighborhoods that you want to work in wearing a costume? I don't know, it works for quizno's and krispy kreme, but I'm not sure a guy in a lawn costume walking thru a neighborhood or standing at an intersection would inspire me to call them.
    I'm interested though to hear others thoughts on this, as this is the first time I have ever heard it mentioned on lawnsite. It's definitely thinking outside of the box.