masking the smell of 3 way

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by B&K LawnCare, Apr 4, 2014.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare LawnSite Member

I would like to try something this year to hide the smell of our 3 way. It seems like every year more and more people are "bothered" by the smell. What products have other people had success with? Thanks

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad, I love the smell.

Not much help.

3. Stone74

Stone74 LawnSite Member

We use a brand called 'scent wintergreen'it smells like mint, and it does work.

We just buy it at the fertilizer place.

Posted via Mobile Device

4. The Turf Guys

The Turf Guys LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

You smell that? Do you smell that? Three Way, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Three Way in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' weed. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like . . . victory!!!

Sorry, couldn't help it

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Easy--use the Trimec 1000 the odor -free type. Nice.

Also you might want to try Lesco Eliminate. Almost water clear and not much odor. No 2,4-D in it, also. My customers seldom noticed an odor--even when I asked them.
    Triclopyr has very little odor--Turflon.
    Octane--not much odor.

6. ShaneW

ShaneW LawnSite Member

Just as a quick fyi....

If you don't get your chems at JDL, you could ask your supplier for Nufarm's Horsepower. Eliminate works great, but it's just JDL's private label of Horsepower.

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

It stings the nostrils! I enjoy the smell of 3 way in the morning.
    Posted via Mobile Device