Masonary Adhesive

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Feb 25, 2007.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I'm curious what kind of adhesive everyone is using. I've used SRW, Techni-Seal, and Brickstop. All of them have been so-so. Alliance is touting their's as the best, but I'm not sure of the cost -- although cost isn't a major concern of mine if the stuff sticks!

I'm looking at some Pave-Tech stuff I got in the mail. They have 29 oz tubes of what they call Type 2 BasicBond. The tubes are 3.62 each when you buy a case, and 2.67 a tube when you buy 4 cases. I'm paying a little over $6 a tube for any of the ones I mentioned earlier.

Pave-Tech seems to make some nice stuff, so I would "think" that their adhesive would be good, but actually being that inexpensive scares me a little.

I'm also thinking of getting a case of type 4 Ultrawet Premium for colder temperatures, and areas that you want to set-up faster, such as stair treads.

So, thoughts on adhesive......

As a side note, I'm also looking at finally breaking down and buying a few Pave-Tech specialty tools.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I've been using PL. I love it.

Now i had 1 job last year adheiring bullnose to concrete late in the season. I just couldn't get some to set. So i went bought some gorilla glue. Now that stuff worked awesome! Unbeliveable.

Just took me a week to get it off my hands.

3. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck LawnSite Member

i do versa loc and the dealers said only to use titebond contruction adhesive he sales it for around $5 a tube and i found about 12 cases at a discount store for 99 cents a tube so i bought 2 cases large tubes

4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Mark - The eighties called..................:laugh: J/K!

The adhesive we use is called TL, or something like that. Not sure who makes it. I just buy it by the case from our paver supplier. It seems to work fairly well.

Chris

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yeah, yeah, so I'm a little frugal.

you have any of the Pave-Tech stuff?

Oh, and, "TL or something like that"????? :dizzy: Thanks for the help:rolleyes:

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

PL all the way. The stuff is actually stronger than the wallstone/pavers itself. :)

7. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

we use the lexell glue it works great, i think its $6 or $6.50 a tube.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah! PL! that's it. Hey Mark- I got alot on my mind!:hammerhead:

9. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Mark did you try that tube of NP1?????

10. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Pl ----------------