Mass Mailing- Exact Property Photos

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wglawncare, Feb 24, 2006.

1. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever tried to take an actual photo of the specific property you are sending the mailing to. So each letter would either have a watermark of their exact home or a picture in the corner of their house. Has anyone ever tried this, I think it would make the letter so much more personalized and help get some response. Do you think this would be a good idea, although very time consuming?

2. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

WG,

The only problem is that you would have to do the printing yourself since each piece would be different. Im not sure how many you are doing but that would take a bit of time if youre going to do over a hundred houses.

Also, they might not like the idea that their property is on the mailer, they may think this went to everyone else as well instead of just their house.

Joe

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, some people get very freaked out when things are out of their control or 'Big Brother' aka people taking pictures of their own house without permission kind of things happen.

On the other hand it is a pretty cool idea.

4. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

The areas I would be sending the letters too already know me/ seen me around. I would plan on sneding out about 200 letters to homes, printing from my own printer. I think I would be able to do it where they would not be freaked out by maybe putting their address under the photo, say in the upper corner.