Mass mailing services..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cessnasovereign, Jul 5, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to send out several thousand mailings for the start of next season but haven't been able to find any really useful information on the subject.
    Can someone who has looked into it or used it in the past, give me an estimate on what you paid and how many fliers, etc?
    I'm looking for a company to print something, maybe postcard sized with a picture to send out to at least 5,000 houses. I need something full service, so all I have to do is just pay them and not have to worry about anything else. Anyone know of a company like that or have any other information on the subject, and also what was your call back rate?

Thanks!!

2. paramountadvertising

paramountadvertising Inactive
    from n/a

cessnasovereign,

Not sure if you received an answer for this yet but...

Basically all you would need to do is let me know what you want the postcard to say and who your target customer is. You can do this by selecting a minimum value of the house, the money the family makes, etc.

The price would be right around $2000 depending on the postage and how selective you want to be with who you mail to.

Let me know if you have any questions.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 30,000 post cards printed for $750 .
    Mail postage is .12.9 cents each
    Response rate varies ,
    Best is 3 calls per 1,000 cards

4. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

sent ya a pm

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a good deal to me...I personally do it myself, I drive around in December & January and write down the address that way I KNOW where my cards are going. I typically do around 1500, Response rate is about 3%. Very time consuming thou.

6. paramountadvertising

paramountadvertising Inactive
    from n/a

jpocket,

I agree, going down streets and picking which houses to send to is cheaper if you have the time. Im guessing that most people on this site have time in the winter.

7. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Its a good idea to do mass mailing. I haven't used anyone from here but i've gotten responses from paramount. good luck to you.

8. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How are you sending postcards for that cheap?

9. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

You either (1)have to have a bulk mail permit at the post office or (2) our local chamber of commerce does mailings for its members under their permit. A bulk mail permit costs about $400 to start up and it is only worth it if you mail at least once a month, if not 2 times.

MailSouth, a large advo mailer in the midwest is advertising that you can be part of their mailings starting at 4 cents per home. I got on their website just to check but I could not find prices.

10. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i dont want to high jack the thread but we can get about 30000 post cards printed for free, who can u get to either get the addresses from or have someone send them......does anyone know where i can find the info?