1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by lawn, Sep 22, 2004.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How do you charge tax on your invoices? the ones taht I use doesn't have it, it's a very simple layout.
    Do you add that at the end of the bill or you already included that in the price?
    Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Their is no tax on services in massachusetts, if that is what you are questioning
  3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Boycea, you must be mistaken. A tax that DOESN'T exist in Taxachusetts?
  4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, tell me about it, it must be nice living in New Hampshire
  5. lawn

I am asking about the taxes that we pay on materials, etc. How do You charge that?
  6. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would add the tax on a line where the materials are listed.That way you can still give a description of the item.And then go to the store and buy blank invoices that have the tax on the bottom. payup
  7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I don't get the problem here. If you pay $300 for the supplies including the tax why are you seperating the tax for the customer? Just charge them the $300 for the supplies. The only reason that you would have to seperate the tax would be if you were a retailer. You are a service provider. You purchase the supplies from the retailer. Then you provide the service of installing those supplies.
  8. lawn

Thanks to all!!! :)