Massey Ferguson 360 is this to big for doing lawns

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Airwave, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Me again,

I just came home from looking at a Massey Ferguson 360 tractor looks in good shape with loader and decent price too. Only problem is it is bigger then your average compact tractor. I am wondering what people thought of it and whether it will be good enough for doing lawn installs of 1/4 of an acre upwards with a Harley/Landpride Power Rake?

Thanks again

http://www.tractordata.com/td/td783.html

2. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

The 360 is a well built utility tractor but i don't see it being well suited for lawn installs. I use my Ford/New Holland of comparable size at my house and around my farm for the same chores but I am doing work over a much larger area. I beliveve if you go with that tractor you will find it is too big to manuever around in the lawn sizes you are talking about doing this work in. Plus hauling that thing aroudn you are looking at 7000-8000 lbs not including a trailer, there are better machines out there in that weight class that will be more suited for your work.

3. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Thanks for that spoke to the guy yesterday he will let me demo it for a day and I am sure it wilol confim exactly what you just said.

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a larger open area it proably won't be too bad. My house has about 3/4 to 1 acre yard in town and I have used my tractor there quite a bit on a few landscaping projects and repairing lawn damage from running trenches for sewer and water lines and it has been ok for the work I am doing... but I am not doing it commercially day in and day out. If I was I'd go with a smaller tractor with a hydrostatic trans or a skidloader.

5. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Well have finally organised a demo of an LS tractor R41 HST http://www.totalturfmachinery.com.au/ls_rio.htm with a landpride and hopefully a Harley although he is really steering me 100% towards Landpride. Will be good to finally see for myself how good or bad this whole set up will be and am getting pretty good finance. If anyone has any comments on the tractor love to hear them. Cant wait to see the Lanpride and Harley see what they are capable of am all excited.