massey-ferguson ztrs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tarp5350, Nov 24, 2006.

1. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

hey guys and gals, has anyone used or demo their commercial ztrs? i saw on their website their models zt29 and zt33. they are both diesel engines and they have shaft drive and hydrauic lift. from the picture they look like they are really well made. they even have a high volume 72 inch deck for heavy applications. the only problem it doesn,t say who makes the diesel engines.
    and i wonder who makes their machines. any info would be appreciated since i will be buying in the spring.
  2. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i looked at them a few weeks ago.they only have two sizes.they both are to big for me but very nice.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It's too heavy for my use. The lightest one weighs over 1600 pounds.

Base weight without the mower deck 1367 pounds
    60" deck 265 pounds
    72" deck 287 pounds
    72" heavy duty deck 309 pounds
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Ive only seen them from the road, this one looked huge! Too big for anything I need.
  5. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

i don,t care how much it weighs or how big since i am going to use it on my farm. i want to know who makes their diesels engines and their machines.
  6. dozerdogue

dozerdogue LawnSite Member
    from CT

I believe Iseki makes their machines.
  7. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Never mind.
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I bought a Massey Ferguson ZTR this spring. I bought their 33hp 72" deck. I absolutely love it. Tons of power. Cuts through about anything. Is it heavy, yes, but not a problem. I'd highly reccomend one. Good luck with your new purchase in the spring.
  10. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

I just ran across an ad for a 2009 with 350 hours on it for $9000.00 !! How much do they sell for new?