Massey Ferguson ZTRs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JDGlandscape, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it just me or do they look a lot like Kubota Z's?

2. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

They look similar but from what I understand is the massey has pumps and wheel motors and the kubota has transaxles. Also the radiator on the massey is in the very back of the machine where the kubota is behind the seat. The zd331 kubota is 77 cid motor and the zt29 massey is a 84 cid motor. Massey has a stamped deck the kubota a fabricated deck. The deck lift is on the floor platform on the kubota? and the massey is on the control panel?

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's not correct according to the PDF in the link that weaver provided.
    http://www.masseyferguson.us/Library/upload/Massey-Ferguson-Zero-Turn-Mowers-Brochure.pdf

The 29 hp is 89.3 CI and the 33 is 91.4 CI. Those are large engines for the HP they turn out, so they should be very durable.

4. Green King

Thank You for the correction on the cid on the massey! Is the kubota correct at 77 cid. I was doing this from memory but you know how that can get sometimes lol.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, you're doin' pretty good memorywise LOL. The Kubby 331 is indeed 77 CI.

6. Green King

I see there is a engine rpm diffrence between the kubota a massey as well.

7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Believe it or not I actually get to see one tomorrow. After looking for two years or better a utility company in a city about an hour from me has one that the dealer arranged for me to take a look at.

8. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Equipment
    I actually went to Rural King to get you some pics but they already put away the ag equipment for the season...

9. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Just watched a video on youtube on the iseki version It looked like it had the standard 72" deck on it. and was doing a pretty decent job from the looks of it.

10. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Will you post that link? For some reason I can't find it.
    Thanks! Stan