Massive Fire

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn Enforcer, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

The following pics were taken by me yesterday (July 2) in Green Isle, MN. Some of you Minnesota guys probably saw this on the news. Most of Shamrock Storage went up in flames yesterday at 10 am went workers using a cutting torch accidentally set fire to the building. The building was filled to the roof with tons of misc items such as video games, cardboard bundles, bumpers from Ford trucks, and just about anything imaginable. 22 fire departments responded and also water trucks from Chaska Public Works and Le Seuer Public Works. Cement trucks were also used to haul water from as far as twenty miles away because Green Isle's water tower was drained within 1.5 hours after the department responded. I am posting this at 9 am the day after, and it is still burning, but it was for the most part contained by 7 pm but it was impossible to put out all the flames because of toxic fumes in the building which didn't allow firefighters to enter the building.

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 030.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

A shot from behind the building. Aerial trucks were also brought in.

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 015.jpg

3. Lawn Enforcer

A shot of the side of the building that caught fire first and seemed to be the most intense area of the fire at the time.

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 026.jpg

4. Lawn Enforcer

A shot from the other side of town, it covered the entire town with thick black smoke.

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 003.jpg

5. Lawn Enforcer

This one is from about 3 miles away

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 029.jpg

6. Lawn Enforcer

I think the aerial truck from Waconia can be seen here. Water was hauled in from as far as 20 miles away. I also learned that this is the 6th fire in the 50+ years of the building's history. 8:45 am, a water truck just went out of my town (7 miles down the road) to Green Isle. That's 22 hours after the fire started, and it's still going.

Shamrock Storage Fire July 2 2008 027.jpg

7. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

nice! wish we got fire like that down here! im a FF, not just sick and twisted

8. Lawn Enforcer

22 departments, the Arlington F.D. (my town) took over at about 2 am and Green Isle F.D. got some rest and they were back by 6 am. Another water truck just went out-2 water trucks within 15 minutes of each other.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

That is amazing, thats a good use of other sources using cement trucks to being in water

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i was thinking the same thng!!
    Fulltime FF here!