Massive widespread drought - impact on you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jul 10, 2012.

1. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I've used the wash the truck trick several times. LOL

Dave...

2. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

We've gotten about 3in of rain over this last week. no drought for me anymore. Hopefully this rain pattern keeps up

3. Adamp247

Adamp247 LawnSite Member

Checked the rainfall total for July. We've had over 8" of rain in the last 16 days. Grass is growing like spring! Doing a rain chant to send it to those of you that are really hurting for it!

4. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

last week was rough but we are getting rain up north now thank god I was getting worry

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

We got almost an inch late last week. Problem is, we then get a whole week of 90 degree temps and that sucks the moisture right out real quick. Back to burnt.

6. jhouchins

jhouchins LawnSite Member
    from East TN

We have gotten rain everyday in morristown, tn for the past 7 days. The yards are looking lush and green again. Some yards were so brown and dead looking it was scary. They all seemed to recover though with no problems.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Still sitting here on week number three of very little work to do. Nothing yesterday, nothing today, and maybe five to cut tomorrow. Not sure what Thurs and Fri have in store, but it's not very promising.

I think it's been six or seven weeks since I've cut my back yard.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. Though my house only saw 2 tenths of an inch, Bloomington/Normal had 2.5 inches. It barely made the grass grow but at least it gave the lawns some moisture so I could put a mower on them to knock down weeds and weedy grasses. I'd been holding off as long as possible as I wasn't wanting to damage the turf.

9. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tonight A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. East northeast wind 3 to 6 mph.

Wednesday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. East wind 6 to 8 mph.

Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. East northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.

Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 67. East wind 3 to 8 mph.

Right now it's 73* again.

the 1" of rain we had in the North Metro last week is serving the lawns very well.
    Cutting dry grass is gravy work with the mid 80 temps...:weightlifter:

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Unit, forecast I am looking at only has two days of mid eighties. Then back to the 90's for the next 5-6 days. Only chance for rain is tomorrow. Not good.