Master Chute

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Meg-Mo, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We bought a Master Chute at the Louisville Expo 2003. Even though it was not made for our mowers, it only took about 45 minutes to put on our 72" Bad Boy mower. Now with all the leaves, the guys are fighting over who gets to run this mower. Master Chute works so great that we will be putting them on the rest of our mowers. Again they are not made for Bad Boy mowers, but with a little ingenuity and about 45 minutes we had them working.
    Would recommend Master Chute to anyone that mows grass and wants to keep grass and leaves out of flower beds or landscapes.

2. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

hey, Roy, can you post a picture of it so I know what it is. I am sorry if I am the only d1psh1t that doesnt know. Thanks:)

3. superman

superman LawnSite Member

Meg-Mo, I would like to see pics of this also. I have a 60" Hustler and I am thinking of buying one of their units for next year and trying to adapt it to my mower.

mower-babe, it's a OCDC. It uses a little motor, and you can mount the switch and controll the chute.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta agree with 'Meg-Mow' on this one.. That is one 'slick' OCDC.. Have had mine for about three months (Exmark Z HP) and it is making my life a lot easier.
    BobR

5. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

sorry guys, I must have eaten a ****** sandwich for lunch. I know what you are talking about now. duh. sorry. They are pricey though, arent they? I thought they were about $350 or something.

6. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Roy,

Will it work for a 2002 Toro WB?

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

8. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

I have read that thread in the past and I am probably sure it will fit. I don't want to make a $400 gamble though.....

Emails to Master Chute indicate that they don't fit Toro's. Maybe too small? I don't know.

Hey Master Chute...
    Let me know if you want me to try it. I need to be able to return it if I cannot get it to fit. I am handy with a wrench and drill, but not a welder.

9. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Can't even send a email from Master Chute's site. carljmast@msn.com comes back rejected.

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Unless you "really need" to be able open and close the chute instantly, which with leaves is definitely not necessary, it takes about a half hour to make a hinged chute closer that works for ExmarksÂ’ and Hustlers. Cost is under $20. One thing, I sure hate mulching..... Man, all that dust is murder on man and machine.
    Pete