Master Plumbers?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by skurkp, Feb 6, 2006.

1. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

I was told last week that Texas is now requiring irrigators to have a master p[lumber to install all of the back flows on new installs. Does anyone in my area know about this?

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

In my opinion, it won't be long before you have to be a master plumber to touch any type of pipe in texas.

better start studying.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Pipes? I thought they all used Zig Zag wheat straws :eek:

4. Dirty Water

I tried to roll a smoke using a zig zag paper once. Screw cheap smokes, thats too much effort.

5. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

that doesnt make a whole lot of sense. why does Texas put us through all the BS and now they want to take that away from us. If you don't mind, who told you? how hard is it to become a master plumber in Texas?

6. Dirty Water

I was just joking in the my post, Texas seems to have some silly irrigation rules.

Jerry mentioned something about one county requiring SCH 40 for everything, and a plumber had to inspect if before backfill?

The day I find a plumber who doesn't tell me you can install a whole system in 1/2" is the day I retire :)

7. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

:) i know what you are saying, plumbers around here dont know half of what i do. sad to say the least

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Not that I would know what a Sneak-a-Toke is but I understand they're good for medicinal applications. (My knee and back are still hurting.) :cool2:

9. Dirty Water

I want to clarify that it was tobaco in my failed zig zag :)

My pot days are over heh, and besides, joints are waste of the good stuff...

10. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

I understand that FortBend county is requiring the master plumber to install everything from the connection to the main water supply to the back flow, then the irrigator can complete the rest of the job.