Master Valve on Discharge Side: Why?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ACC, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I think most codes took effect prior to any contribution from USC.

2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yes but many have changed. We have been required to comply and test since 1988.

3. Wet_Boots

Consider my posts as coming from the "what testing?" neck of the woods. Even without the USCFCCCCCRyder, the supplies should be plumbed in the way that makes for the least maintenance cost.

4. irritation

No consideration for backflow prevention?

5. Wet_Boots

Say what? Backflow inspections are not in the construction codes. Backflow prevention is.

6. irritation

Yes, which includes cross-connection. What part of NYC do you live?

7. Wet_Boots

You don't get it. Install to code (which does not at all refer to anything USC). Inspections are another matter.

8. irritation

You don't get it. Our water company wants it a certain way and wants it tested and they enforce it. You will not find underground DCVA's or AV's around here.

9. Wet_Boots

Water companies don't have any real say around here. In fact, they don't want to be bothered with what they believe is a matter for building departments and municipal code officials. That such an attitude saves them money is just an incredible coincidence.

10. irritation

I doubt they do here but they send letters every year threatening to pull the meter if they don't get the test results. You also need a permit to install and the tap and backflow is inspected.
    What part of NYC do you live?