1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Masterchute vs. Director

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TurfPro, Sep 14, 2003.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I need a ocdc for my Lazer HP,,,I've narrowed it down to the "Director" and the "Masterchute" I'm leaning toward the "Director" because it would seem to be easier to control since it is operated by hand vs a high speed elec motor.
    Any suggestions based on EXPERIENCE ?

2. You can control the masterchute very easily.

master chute most way down.jpg
  3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, LGF, that thing could use a cleaning;) Marc
  4. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

Hey LGF you must be getting alot of rain down there, your mower needs a wash!! But does anyone make an ocdc for Gravely mowers?
  5. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

You don't have any problems stopping the controller in an in-between position? It seems like it would be hard to do that with the high speed motor setup.
    I do like the idea of no lever to hang up on stuff,,or just be in your way........................
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres a good one, you can lift it off in one piece with two wing nuts.

7. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

If you go with the director, before giving out payment info, insure that your OCDC is in stock, tested, and ready to ship. I ordered one for the machine below. I was told that it was ready to ship and should have it in 3-5 days. 2 weeks later after R&D testing it arrived.

8. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

John what kind is yours? I want to get one but masterchute has very bad service. I called and emailed twice with no response. I would like to go with another one but don't know the right one.
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its a Qwikchute (407) 944-9878 There out of florida Ask for david.
  10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

With the director you can put a catcher on without removing the OCDC. The other two mentioned will not allow this.