Masterchute

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, May 7, 2003.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just noticed this new sponsor and was wondering if anyone on here has one yet. This thing looks great. Any feedback from anyone? Thanks

2. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't seen an actual masterchute in use. I would be a little concerned about the track becoming bent or deformed, but again, without seeing one in person I can't give a definite opinion.

I just installed a "director" from York Sheet Metal, on my Exmark LZHP and I love it. Works very well, and very well built.

3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I tried to get one from yorksheet last year. Apparently then had no time to get back in touch with me so I gave up. I am not going to chase down a company to give them my business. Did the one from yorksheet install easily?

4. Westbrooklawn

I had no trouble dealing with York sheet metal. They have been very helpful and responsive. Maybe you just caught them at a bad time??? At any rate, contact David at York Sheet metal.....he was a pleasure to deal with, and took the time to talk to me about installation tips, etc.

To answer your original question, the "Director" was Very easy to install. Took all of about 15 min. After using it for only a week, I would never be without one.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Unfortunately, many people here (myself included) had problems getting replies from YSM.

But anyway, do a search on OCDC's. There have a been a couple new products to hit the market very recently.
    There are threads in here somewhere about them, and even a few photos.
    They aren't automatic like the Masterchute, but are more similar to the YSM design.

Just giving you some options. In my opinion, any OCDC that works is a great product! Just a matter of what design you want, and how much you want to spend.

Good luck.

6. Westbrooklawn

Gogetter -

I also recall earlier posts some months ago about folks on this site having trouble getting a response from YSM. The only point I wanted to make at this time is that apparently something has changed at that company because I recently had an excellent experience with them.

Their product is an excellent one, very heavy duty and well made, and it functions great. If someone is interested in a quality OCDC I think they should look at the Director. If they get the same service I did then they will be very pleased. If they get poor service, then shame on YSM, they would only be hurting themselves.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Here's one that I don't recall seeing any discussion about here.

It's from TrimmerTrap, and the unique feature with this one is that it allows you to still use the mowers original deflecter chute! Pretty neat, great for those that feel strongly about leaving the chute on.

8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I have called YSM twice in the last two days. The second call I left a voice mail and told them I wanted to purchase one. As of yet I have not received a call back.

9. Westbrooklawn

jsr2741-

Call and ask to speak to David Burchett, He is the product manager for the "Director", and was very helpful to me. You will love the OCDC when you receive it.