Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by draftlawncare, Apr 19, 2004.

1. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

the masterchute i ordered for my new lazer z came today i was all excited intill we installed the chute. DAMN thing does not have enough back pressure to keep the chute closed against the deck when the pto is on it has a gap of 2 inches from the discharge chute when its down and the blades are on . i am really pissed calling them tomorrow i want my money back
  2. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I have been trying to get one for my scag 48 advantage deck for over 2 mouths said he could not get it right so I said forget it I will go with something else. Had to leave a message you hardly ever talk to them.
  3. MastercutzLawnCareII

MastercutzLawnCareII LawnSite Member

I am running a masterchute on my LaserZ, have had no problems with it, it seems to close fine, although when you close it it will bounce back open a lil, just try clsoing it and the hitting the button agian, it closes so fast that it hits the deck and bounces back up a lil, once you get it firgured out you will love it.....

Also may want to tighten the bolts a lil so there will not be so much flop
  4. qwikv6

qwikv6 LawnSite Member

What are you going to use instead?

I ordered my masterchute for my 48" Advantage Tiger Cub about 2 weeks ago and still have not received it. I just called and left a message. If it has not been shipped out I'm probably going to cancel the order. I have called twice and each time they say they are working on getting it right and they have orders for about 4 units. I was first told that I would have it about a week ago...?

I want an OCDC that I can use with an Accelerator bagger.
  5. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

it opens and closes fine and seals tight against the deck its when you start cutting grass the problems start the grass hitting the masterchute causes it to open about 1 -2 inches throwing grass out the front corner of the chute
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Qwickchute. Works well. I like it. Simple to install and use. Lever action. Bullet proof
  7. MastercutzLawnCareII

MastercutzLawnCareII LawnSite Member

That sounds more like blow out, I have had the same problems, I kept playing with it until I got mine the way I wanted it. You may try sliding it forward some if you can, I had too, , if you tighten the bols some it will not blow it open, mine dont anymore anyways
  8. Ricks Z28

Ricks Z28 LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Personally I think that the Director is " BY FAR" the heaviest built and the "Best"
  9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

masterchute don't seem to be in any hurry to sort this out privately or here....makes you wander why? Must be too busy or something....
  10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Pity they only make them for Exmarks though....