Masterchute ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gl1200a, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

OK, so does anyone know the obituary for Masterchute? Their website no longer exists and the phones have been disconnected. By the way, I would be interested in buying Masterchutes from anyone. I need the spares now that they have gone < poof >. Thanks for the help.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Last I heard there was an issue with the "doors" closing too fast and a possible injury.

I can ask a few questions around here (I am from the same town they are) and see if I can't figure something out.

3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Well? What gives with Masterchute? I was just going to buy one this week and couldn't find their site. I see now by my search that they went under. Any inside scoop, Eclipse?

Brian

4. Eclipse

I was at the Exmark dealer the other day and they were selling Masterchutes again. They had a sale flyer available so I grabbed one. The phone number on the flyer is 888-545-9997. The website listed on the flyer was still www.masterchute.com but apparently that was still not working.

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still looking for Masterchute if anyone has one laying around their shop not in use. Whole or parts, dead or alive.

6. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I need to get an OCDC and would prefer an electric powered model. If Masterchute is 'kaput' is there another comparable one out there?

Brian

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think there is another electric one on the market. I looked. I think I am going to buy an EZchute and be done with it.

8. Eclipse

Masterchute is up an running again under new ownership.

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how much are they now, and where can we get them?

10. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Great product - have had mine for three years and needed to replace the gear box last month (got too close to a wooden fence rail). Pricy but I still love it, my hands have enough going on cruising the lawn so the foot operated switch works for me..

Glad the product is back on the market..

BobR