Master's Groundsworker's

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by agrostis, Apr 12, 2013.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

2. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I love watching the masters not for the golf but just for the sheer beauty of the course. I think my new goal in life is to build a par 3 hold at my house whenever I buy one haha. Thanks for the awesome photos.

3. southern79

southern79 LawnSite Member

Awesome slide show! What are the long whips for?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. agrostis

That's a dew whip, it get's rid of clipping's and dew. You usually only see those used on putting green's, at major's they use them on the whole golf course.

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! I'm impressed by the amount of work that goes into this!

6. agrostis

Yeah, i think with the volunteer's, the ground's crew number's about 140.

7. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It's amazing what goes into a high end golf course, especially Augusta. In high school I worked on the grounds maintenance crew for a private golf course in the summer. We had about 30 guys working most days. Come tournament time, we would start work at about 7 pm and work till 11. Then back to it at about 4:30 am. Sand traps and the grass around them take an extreme about of time to mow and make look perfect. Learned a lot of interesting information during those few years.

8. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The bent grass on those greens is grown 1 hour from our location. It is a huge sod farm selling bent and zoysia. The path down to the harvest area is winding through woods then it opens up to 20 A+ acres of bent cut it long stripes. It is awesome a few years ago we purchased some zoysia there and a shipment was being preped for a green redo in Augusta. They completely wash all soil matter and its bare roots on a refer truck to Ga.