Matching Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Sep 29, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I know this post is kinda pointless, but do you think you look more professional when all of your equipment maches color? I always see guys with like a Great Dane, a Lesco, Reedmax rimmers, Echo blower, stuff like that. I want to get a read truck, with a red enclosed trailer, or red or black open, and all orange equipment like Scag mowers, Stihl trimmers and blowers, Echo blowers, Huisqvarna Aerators and thatcher, and like that. Give me your opinions, I know it has nothing to do with quality of service, but I think it looks cleaner.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree.

3. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I didnt do it on purpose, but all my equipment is red .

4. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

looks better, but not worth switching to a lesser brand, or one you don't like most.

5. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

I try to keep it the same as much as possible.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I buy the best machine (in my opinion) of each type. I could care less what color it is. However, all my trailers are black and soon, all of my trucks will be red.

7. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I have more important things to worry about then if my equipment colors match. I buy for performance not matching colors.

8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

who gives a rats *** if my machines match. Once i get my enclosed trailer, the general public will not see my machines. All they will see is a clean trailer with my logo on the side.

9. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

hehe now you sound like a women , do my clothes match am i color coordinated . no insult ment to you lawn site women :cool:

10. Matching equipment in the lawn care business is about as important as matching equipment in the car detail business. Or how about if you have ever had you carpet cleaned. You did make sure that the carpet cleaners had matching equipment, did you not?