Math

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Big Bad Bob, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

I posted a comment similar to this a couple of days ago. It was immediately taken down because, in retrospect, it had racial overtones because the subject had an ethnic name. My point in posting this was that we are looked down on because we are considered as uneducated and that we do lawn care because we can't do anything else. Here is the posting as revised by me to be a little more racially generic.

Scenario:*
    Frank fails high school Math.

1958 -*Frank goes to summer school, passes Math, goes to college.

2008 -*Frank's cause is taken up by a children’s rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching Math as a requirement for graduation is unfair because if a student doesn‘t do well in Math, it damages his self esteem. A children’s rights group files class action lawsuit against state school system and Frank's Math teacher.*Math is banned from core curriculum.*Frank is given a diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot understand Math. *

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That doesn't offend ME at all. As a matter of fact, I have 2 friends that did well in math, and 2 friends that didn't do so well in math, and all FIVE of them are doing ok in the mowing industry!

3. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stop doin that, I can't keep up.

4. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

hahaha. took me a sec there, i didnt catch it until reading littlerivers comment and was curious to reread.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i think it is no worse the the Canadian jokes, EY! :drinkup: