Matt's Lawn Care, first try at a website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Matts lawn care, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

One of my goals over the winter was to get a website up and eventually have people be able to pay on-line. I got my domain and hosting from yahoo and made a quick website with there fail safe beginner program. I just started to bring a camera with me from job to job so picture choice was limited. I am learning the more advanced program now so I can add background images and such. I have already gotten one lead from the website. How did I do for my first shot? Any improvements I can make? Thanks in advance for your help.

O yea a link would help www.mattslawncare-md.com

2. jbpo

jbpo LawnSite Member

I think that your webpage is off to a good start. Keep updating your gallery of photos as you get better pictures. Also, update your "specials" page as the expiration date approaches. A lot of people have websites but never update them. Good Luck in 2008!

3. qwerty

qwerty LawnSite Member

It's a start. You may want to add to your keywords: <meta name="KEYWORDS" id="mKeywords" content="Home maintenance, Matt's Lawn care, Services, Columbia, MD, Services">

You should also edit your pages for typos such as: Mr. Tom's quote, several of your gallery's captions have spelling errors, the top of your Contact Us page uses a different font then the other pages, and your gallery also uses two different fonts for Before column and After column.

In FireFox your Contact Us page displays two hand-shaking images.

Not bad for owning the site since the beginning of the month, but you have a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck and continue to build all aspects of the site not just the templates.

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure everything is correctly spelled and grammatically correct. I found this:

Mr. Tom: " Matt's Lawn Care has given me moe time to spend with my family."

The same is true for all of your printed materials and emails. Read things over at least 3 times and have someone else read it too.

5. Matts lawn care

from MD

Thanks I fixed the spelling.

When I searched lawn care Columbia MD I was the ninth result but it came out like this.

Matt's Lawn care - Commitment To Quality
    ... from Matt's Lawn Care. We are a professional lawn and landscape maintenance company serving Columbia, Ellicott City, ... Care At It's Finest. Columbia, MD ...
    mattslawncare-md.com - 6k - Cached

Does any one know why "Matt's Lawn care" did not just come out Matt's Lawn Care? Thanks again.

6. echeandia

In your keywords it is spelled that way.

7. Matts lawn care

from MD

I went in and changed it but it still shows up like that. Do I have to submit my webpage to google and yahoo? Or does it just take a few days.

8. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its awsome,good job!!

9. echeandia

Now you have to wait for the Google and Yahoo web crawler to rescan your site. It could take up to two weeks.

10. Matts lawn care

from MD

Thanks alot for the help echeandia, qwerty and jbpo.