Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Meagle816, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Meagle816

Meagle816 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I was interested in what you thought about mauget. Do you use it and how to market it. Any response would be appreciated. Plan on using it this season.
  2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Meagle,
    I've used Mauget as a rescue only. I detest the thought of boring holes into a tree unless NOT making holes is worse for the tree. Decay causing pathogens can & do enter the wood through these small holes regardless of what some people have said about it. I've seen it many times through post-mortem disection.
    Merit makes soil injecting for insects very easy & much less injurious to the patient. Lasts longer too. Season long when fall or very early spring.
    Fungicides are another issue since we don't yet have a root translocated fungicide.
    Mauget is quicker on Birches for Borers & leafminers. Emls too. After the first year, there would be no need to resort to drilling holes since you then have the knowlege of the pest issue & can treat more appropriately.
    Still a great tool for rescues though.

PS I am a certified Arborist & have the Mauget Caertificate.