MaxForce Tick Control System

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KenH, Jun 1, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Anyone using this system yet??? Just wondering of customer feedback/reactions.......thanks

Ken

2. KenH

from CT

Im surprised no one picked up on this yet. Tick control is big in the NE, and this is a good, easy to use system. I took a seminar this past winter, and sold it to a few properties. I havent really 'pushed' it yet though. I was just wondering if anyone else used it.

http://www.maxforcetms.com/

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Ken,

Where do you get the stuff and how costly is it?
    I'm near cape cod and my son brought a leaflet home warning of lyme disease in our area.

4. KenH

from CT

You buy it directly through Maxforce. Maxforce runs the certification class as a prequisite to purchasing their product.

What they are are bait boxes, which attract and treat field mice for ticks. (Basically the mice are attracted to a bait, and are brushed with an insecticide-fipronil-- when inside the box.) Field mice are a major carrier of the deer tick. All their studies showed a 90% drop in tick pop. after the first year. The boxes are placed along the wooded property line, every 15' or so. The customer is ahcrged around 20$ per box, 2'ce a season.