Maxicom costs ?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Az Gardener, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I was a judge for our state landscape association judging landscape maintenance and install projects. I have to say the best looking maintenance projects were on a maxi com system. I checked out the Rainbird website but of course no costs just promotion. I was curious if anyone here is currently using one and what were the set up costs and the subscription rate?

2. I know one person on this site does for sure. (D.C. Georgetown guy?) I suspect Mon when everybody gets back to work you'll get an answer.

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone has different multipliers, call your local supply store or RB rep and ask them, I know that there is a lady in Seattle that handles a lot of properties on a subscription basis, your rep should be able to help you out with that aspect too.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Hope you've got deep pockets, last time I looked, Maxi was heads above other central-type systems (Rain-Master, Calsense) What are your plans?
    Rain-Bird offers a very informative "Maxi school" that I am a graduate of.
    We like the new Rain-Master "Oasis" central system.rainmaster.com The software for "Oasis" is around 4K, you'll need the baddest computor made, dedicated
    phone line for you and one at the site (other communication options are available) It would be
    easy to shell out another 10K for controller & weather-station.