1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Maximizing crew efficiency at a residential property

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GatorGardener, Jul 1, 2014.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay your doing goood on your gross sales I would say, so I can't say much anymore:waving: $1500 is good money per crew, but it goes out fast I'm sure with the expenses. I'm sure you have some room to cut a guy off each crew and or start another crew. Keep up the good work, sounds like your really trying to turn your company around, I be routing for ya!
  2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Could be What is City Landscaping?
  3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Just watch out in creating your new crew that it's not made up from the loafers on the other crews... That would be interesting.
  4. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

Loafer Lawn Care has a nice ring to it though
  5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

4 man crew? I don't understand 3 man crews! Basic economics and the law of diminishing returns
  6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I'm no city slicker. No red neck either.

I'm a in between suburb man. That pretends to be a good ol' boy with my half acre that has a small vegetable garden. :laugh: :drinkup:
  7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I was referring to those whor work for a township, or government employees. You usually see about 8 of them smoking a cigarette and talking while one person might be working.

For me Im pure redneck :drinkup:
  8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Highway Departments across the land switched over to long handle shovels because too many of their employees were getting disability pensions from leaning on short handle shovels. :rolleyes: