May 13, 2003

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, May 14, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

One flat trailer tire
    One employee absent
    One flat rear mower tire (plug came loose)
    Trailer brake light out
    One mower caught on fire
    Two disappointed customers
    Found out I under bid a job by way too much
    One leaky pond
    Two fuel pumps out of truck

And then I get a phone call, my two yr old is in the hospital getting stitches.

But all problems are solved, so lets see what tomorrow brings!

:drinkup:

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Sounds like you had a whole seasons worth of 'issues' all in one day! :eek:

Here's to the rest of your season being prosperous and trouble-free! :drinkup:

And "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to ya!

:bday:

3. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Wow, all of that on your birthday no less.

A friend of mine used to say, "it only gets better from here".

Happy birthday, here's to better days, and best wishes for your two-year-old!

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

A similar day for me.

Wheel about to fall of truck. Pull the wheel, moves about 1 inch side-to-side and up-and -down. Outer wheel bearing came apart :eek: Of course the spindle nut had welded itself on and no amount of elbow grease can get it off. Have to break out the ThunderGun impact on it. After hammering away for 30 seconds or so it finally lets go, along with all threads. One destroyed spindle ($425 from Ford), couple of rotors and some brake pads ($130).

Trailer involved in an accident last week, supposed to take it in to get a new gate installed today. Truck is idle, ain't towing nothin. :eek: The guy is kinda p!ssed that I did not bring it in. It was not a top priority. I let the guy who hit it off the hook and didn't call the police, he agreed to pay out of pocket for it. I imagine that will backfire :rolleyes:

Yazoo/Kees is down. Hydraulic leak. Leaking cooler is backordered.

Two-month-old Exmark is having Kohler problems. Need to get it in for service...quickly. No way to get it there, no trailer to haul it on, no mower to cut with while it is in.

Call to see about renting a truck from several places...everyone is booked until Friday :eek:

One hedge trimmer takes a dump. Sold the other today

:dizzy:

Things could be worse.

5. Today

6 flat tires all on the same trailer, at different times of the day.

Ran out of mulch

Mower toasted a belt

Mower flat front tire

Perma Green carry rack--both ramps broke off, welded back on with more support.

--------------------------------------------

Last week accidents, calls from ins co today.

INS com from 1 truck accident said they will only pay half, lawyer will take care of that. Idiot backed in to it while it was in drive through at Sonic

INS from other truck accident finally game me claim number when I called and siad I was with so n so law firm. Moron in tri axel dump truck backed over it and didn't look before he backed up, ets. $96XX to repair. They better total it.

The good news, I got one of IHC's back thermastat locked up and engine overheated, $2000 to replace with used engine.

All lawns mowed, catching up on apps, phone is ringing for bids.

This is all in the last week for the trucks first part was just today.

Hope those stitched went well.

6. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Hope all have some better days !! :blob3:

Lou :cool:

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yesterday was my b-day also......had things to do, but just slept and lounged around the house most the day.

MATT

8. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

It is nice to hear that others are going through all the pains as well.

9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Ma I thought my day was going bad. Two phone calls complaining about their bills. Yes there are 5 Tuesdays in April. One phone call at 930 at night woke me up to complain that her yard is too green. Don't get it, turn off your sprinklers for a couple of days and you will be back to the crispy brown you prefer. Oh well everything can be fixed. Hope the stitches went well.

10. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I'm reminded of the famous question:

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"