May is our biggest month ever, new guys don'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by osc, May 30, 2000.

1. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

May of 2000 was a milestone for osc. We did over $20,000 in lawncare in this month with one day to go.<br>We don't have any mower over 61&quot; and we did it with only 2 employees plus me makes a 3 man crew.<br>I thought this may be encouraging to the newbies and start up guys. <br>I started this business 5 years ago and the growth has been nice.<p>June could very well be a 30 k month with the 2 landscape installs we are going to do in addition to daily lawncare.<br>I know there are some heavy hitters out there in this biz but for 3 guys I feel good about this.<p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: osc
  2. eagle lawn services

eagle lawn services LawnSite Member

Congratulations. It is good to know that there are those in the lawn care business doing as well as you. Keep it up.<br>Chris H.
  3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

4. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

osc,<br>Thats a lot of money, you should be proud. Any plans for the profit? I would be willing to help you spend it:)
  6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ya if you can handle all that money I could take some off your hands!:)Glad to see you are doing well.What mowers do you use?????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
  7. Jim White

Jim White LawnSite Member

That sounds like great news!! tell us though, How many days or hours did you guys have to work for that? and are you using one truck or two.
  8. osc

Scag 61&quot; walk behind<br>Great Dane Chariot 61&quot;<br>Pathfinder 61&quot; walk behind x 2 <br>2 trucks w/trailors<br>3 Stihl FS-80 string trimmers<br>1 Weedeater brand piece of junk blower<br>3 man crew avg. 50 hours per week <br> my solo efforts, another 10 hours per week<p>As far as profit, well it will go into the business and bills and storing up nuts for winter.<br>We have other equipment but it stayed in the barn.<br>I guess my point for sharing is to celebrate and to give some of you guys an idea or an example of what one business is doing in this industry.<br>You see a lot of people on the road and see the their accounts but sometimes it's hard to guess what kind of numbers they do.<br>Since we're practically anonymous here, I figured what the heck, grin and share it.
  9. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

it maybe hard for many people to see those numbers as real most guys working alone may only do a litte more than that for the year. your just getting a taste for the big numbers. whats your next level? sounds like you'll end up around 200k for the year, very good for a 3 man crew. anything between 160k-200k is good for 3 men crews. when you get to the 75-90k per month is when you start to see the six figure income, which is nice. congrads on you hard work and success.
  10. osc

Steve:<br>I know there are some heavy hitters who pass through this forum. Some people do a frightening amount of business. <br>Actually, for me I'll probably end up less than 150 K for the year. I could do 30 k in June if we can keep up the pace and pick up 2 more workers for install grunt work. <br>July through early November will probably be more like 15-17 k per month.<br>I'm wondering what the next level is for me. I don't have the labor force to grow much more. That is my single biggest problem, labor.<br>But I want to grow at a pace I can handle. I'm not too sure I want to grow much more. I just don't want to fall on my face. I definitely see how chemical apps and landscape installs can increase dollar volume and profit quickly, but while I turn my back for a second, lawn maintenance dept can get sloppy.<br>One nice thing is that most of my customers are becoming so dependant on me for various services, I don't think a competitor can blow me out of the saddle very easily.<br>I remember from previous discussions that you company does one heck of a business. What do you think my next step should be?